Join Miss Audrey, the Teen Librarian, for a simple and delicious French Toast Recipe.
Recipe for Mother’s Day French Toast
8 slices sourdough, or any thick cut bread
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla (optional)
Ground cinnamon, to taste
You will need:
Medium or large bowl
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Adjust rack to middle position, and preheat oven to 375°F
2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, if you have it, and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray, or evenly grease the sheet with butter.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, and vanilla in a bowl.
4. Dip each slice of bread into the mixture one by one. Make sure they are generously coated on both sides, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Place the bread on the baking sheet, and repeat with all slices.
5. Season bread with an even layer of ground cinnamon, to taste.
6. Carefully put baking sheet in oven, and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Flip each piece of bread using your tongs, and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, and serve with your favorite toppings!